Saturday 29 November 2014

On death, again. (Sloppily, more sincerely.... barely a post.)

Death certainly tends to take the best and brightest of us. Either that, or in death, we are immortalised as Angels and suddenly the whole world sings to our glory. 

Regardless, I know that the people who have died will all be greatly missed and remembered with nothing but sadness. 

My mother and her mother like to say that death comes in threes, as all bad things do. 

Tonight, the fourth has died in two months and I'm not so convinced anymore. I haven't been able to hang up the black in weeks. The grief is a set of curtains that I cannot take down. The heavy black hangs over the windows and keeps the light out. 

At 19, first year med student... The best of you was truly ahead, and you were destined for greater things than the grave. I'm so sorry. 

If bad things come in threes and death came in fours, maybe the angel of death really is an angel after all. 

The tomb is a sacred place of no suffering and no grief and this thought comforts me that where they are, they feel no pain. We are left to mourn but they are free. Like a cage left open, they have departed this prison to soar to heights men can only dream of. May angels await them at heaven's gates. 

May they rest in peace. 

To my two uncles, my grandaunt and my cousin—you truly are the best of us and will be greatly missed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment