Tuesday 25 December 2012

I may or may not have consumed a third of my weight in Christmas dinner... and

Society is a bitch.

Pardon my language, but I think I've had enough. This is ridiculous. The endless, constant pressure to be something that we're not and we're not even capable of being- perfect.

This pressure to be a certain size, weight, look, social status, wealth, etc. Like there's some cookie cutter machine that churns out equal lumps of human to be baked at 350 degrees to become average height, skinny girls with flawless faces and long curly hair and straight As, loved by all.

It just isn't possible.

Perfection isn't an attainable goal. Not for people, anyways. We're flawed and constantly making mistakes and screwing up and doing stuff wrong. And I think that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm not trying to be perfect. I'm just trying to be the very best me.

I don't wear a pound of foundation every day, I don't have perfect hair, or perfect teeth, or perfect skin. I don't dress up often. I don't get perfect grades. I don't do everything right.

And I'm trying to be okay with all of that.

Because if my hair was different, or my eyes were different, or my skin was different... they wouldn't quite be mine.

So, society, go screw yourself.

(Just to point out here that this isn't me bashing "society" or anything, because we all are society and in order for there to be change, we sorta have to stop complaining about it and start doing something about it... changing the way we think and everything. But, y'know, I'm just saying that I'm trying to love who I am. Flaws and all.)

Happy holidays, all. Here's me sending love to you and your family and hoping you spent it with the people who meant the most to you... even if it was long distance, such as a very late Christmas greeting to a best friend in the States via Whatsapp. Let the people you love know how much you love them.

Most imperfectly,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment