Monday 24 September 2012

Laying in bed writing up blog posts when I ought to be doing some sort of homework... and

My ambition tun up so loud the knob a guh pop off.

But there's something I wanted to discuss here. And it's this: Can guys and girls be just friends? So far, the only person I figured I coulda discussed this with seriously is now my exboyfriend and when I brought it up, got all upset.

So, okay.

Really though.

Can two people be just friends? Just BEST friends, to be exact. I'm not talking about those friends of the opposite sex who you just have on your bbm contact list and see once a month and hail up on the road and ting.

I mean, someone you'd consider your best friend.

Because I have, maybe, three current best friends of the opposite sex.

And lemme say: I've had or currently have feelings for every guy I would have considered my best friend. True story.

I'm not saying I'm in love with them all. But either romantic or sexual feelings... for all of them. And think about it with me. How many of your opposite sex friendships can you apply that to?

I think it's just the principle of attraction. You're attracted to people who possess certain qualities. And for you to consider someone your best friend, you must see something in them that you find makes you want to know them or be close to them. There must be something that attracts you.

Maybe it's one-sided, maybe it's mutual. Maybe it's purely sexual feelings to season and spice up friendship. Maybe it's friends with benefits. Or maybe friendship on fire (my favourite type, because it usually leads to some awesome relationships). Maybe some serious Taylor Swift, guitar-strumming, Teardrops on my Guitar, we-should-be-more-than-friends type of romantic attraction to your best friend.

Whatever it is.

I just don't believe that two people can be just friends. And that's just the way it is.

Friendly yours,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment