Saturday 8 September 2012

There's toothpaste on my face... and

I have spotted my exboyfriend a grand total of four times since we broke up.

Seriously now. Why is this damn town so small? It is like he's everywhere. How am I supposed to cope?

Unfortunately, as I now don the uniform of his school, I am... to put it liberally... quite fucked.

I guess I'd better get used to walking with my head down and eyes on the ground.

but I will say, isn't it possible that this could have ended differently? What if we'd tried to be friends?

And I've heard it said over and over and over again, that past lovers cannot return to being acquaintances. But we're so very familiar with each other. It's hard to think that someone who knows you like the back of his hand... just doesn't have a place in your life anymore.

Someone who once knew a personal, private part of yourself that few others know exist.

How do you cut someone like that out of your life?

...or, y'know, at least convince them to move to a different parish. (Joking.)

Yours most cowardly,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment