Sunday 16 September 2012

Prompt: "Booze."

How often do you drink?
Rarely. I never used to drink, but now I go overboard maybe once a month? And then sober up for about four weeks to get wasted again.. I firmly believe getting wasted every now and then is good for my mental and emotional health. Don't even argue with me.

How do you feel about people who drink for the hype?
To each, his own. If you think getting wasted at parties looks "cool" then by all means, gulp it down like it's going outta style. But you know what is cool? Self control. Think about that, bro. Peer pressure is a terrible thing to fall victim to. Only baby fish swim with the current; big fish swim against it.

Fake drunks.
Annoying, at worst. Usually harmless and fun to take the mickey outta. It's always funny when idiots at parties make asses out of themselves for attention. So, if you see a chick who's had two jello shots and a teaspoon of liquor stumbling around and spewing more sh*t than a backed-up toilet, then sit back and watch the show.

What's your favourite drink?
I had a Christmas martini minus the Vermouth once, and it knocked the socks offa me. Six parts vodka, (to one part dry Vermouth) and a teaspoon of peppermint Schnapps.. and then drop a candy cane in there. But that's for classy mofos only... I'm more of a green apple vodka and cranberry girl. And if you mix ting and vodka, I'd be about that life too.

Are there limitations to your alcohol lifestyle?
I really only drink at home... or at a friend's home. If I'm out with Daddy, then I'll drink only if he's drinking. And I never drink at big parties with people I don't know... especially if the drinks are being mixed where I can't see them and/or by someone I can't recognise/don't trust. For obvious reasons.

Would you consider yourself an alcholic? 
Me?! No way. I'm usually the sober stick in the mud to take away people's cups when it gets a little too out-of-hand. I'm all about that self control life.

What do you think about people who drink to kill feelings?
Hand. Me. A. Cup. No, seriously. If you're someone who drinks when you don't want to think sober, but only if the drink is good, then you and I could be great friends. It's so much easier to be honest with yourself when you're thinking with a drink in your hand and a straw in your mouth. Plus, the only warm fuzzy feeling I let influence my thinking is the buzz of booze in my blood.

Do your parents know about your drinking? 
My mother is beautifully and blissfully unaware, but my Dad buys me vodka when I behave, ask nicely and promise to be reasonable. He knows I drink, but he trusts my judgment enough not ask me to stop.

Have you ever been drunk and gone swimming/driven/thrown up/gotten into a fight/passed out/had sex?
The closest I've got to wild behaviour, under the influence was playing "I Never" and after a while, I was still sober enough to switch out the vodka for Sprite in everyone's shot glass. It pays to be the soberest one. Just... don't tell my friends about the switch out, okay? They all still swear they can play an hour of I Never without passing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment